Thursday, March 5, 2009

March of Dimes

A band colleague of mine and his wife lost their triplet boys in 2005 due to complications from their premature birth. This year David and Christy have been asked to represent the March of Dimes in our area. They are wonderful people with an amazing story of loss, hope and miracles. They now have an ADORABLE little girl that is the prettiest child I think I have ever seen!!

The MOD supports research and prevention of premature birth, infant mortality and birth defects. These are all important issues to Jeremy and I right now and I hope that you will consider supporting the Waters' Angels Team this year. I have joined the Waters' Angels Team and my goal is $1000. It's a little lofty but I think it's possible!! Please support the MOD and my walk with the Waters' Family (it's April 25th so I may be waddling not walking).

The March of Dimes uses your money wisely: 77% of every dollar supports research and programs that help moms have full-term pregnancies and babies begin healthy lives. And your funds are used to bring comfort and information to families whose baby was born too soon, or sick. With your help we can do more.

The MOD is also involved in the following new research:
-Research into stress and other factors that may trigger preterm labor.
-Programs to educate pregnant women to recognize the warning signs of preterm labor.
-Tools to help health care providers find better ways to detect women who may be at risk for preterm labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment